Go abroad with our support
Going abroad with inno.space
Spending time abroad through an exchange semester or internship can enrich your study experience and offer more future perspectives. Together with our partners from the Design Factory Global Network (DFGN) and financial support from MA.global, inno.space is providing students of the Mannheim University of Applied Sciences with the opportunity for a semester abroad.
Your time abroad can be dedicated to one of the following:
- earning ECTS through courses
- bachelor/master thesis
- coaching or research internship
You can spend 4 to 6 months abroad. Plan at least two months time before your desired departure for the organization. inno.space will facilitate the process.
Support from inno.space
Each scholarship covers monthly expenses of 1000€, health insurance in the destination country and travel allowance of max. 300€ per direction.
We cooperate with multiple universities which are part of the Design Factory Global Network (DFGN).
The DFGN is a network of innovation hubs in universities and research organisations. DFGN is on a mission to create change in the world of learning and research through passion-based culture and effective problem solving.
We already have established exchange partnerships with the design factories on the map, so an exchange there would be easy to organize. Nevertheless, we can try to organize exchange opportunities with the rest of the network.
You can find a complete list of all design factories on the DFGN website.
Application & Selection Process
In order to be considered for the inno.space exchange scholarship,
- send us an email to inno.space(at)hs-mannheim.de with a short motivation, including:
- personal introduction, incl. practical and international experiences,
- your 2 destination preferences,
- goals for the exchange (internship, thesis, courses, etc.),
- CV and current transcript
- consider participating in our local inno.space programs as priority will be given to inno.space alumni
- submit your application to one of the following deadlines to allow enough time for the organization:
- 15th November
- 15th January
- 15th May
We will get in touch very soon to organize a short get-to-know talk. Afterwards, based on your preferences, we will facilitate the contact with the design factories abroad and discuss the practicalities. The whole process lasts up to 2 months.